Monday 14 September 2015

Life Book 2015: Week 36 - Finding strength with Donna Downey

So excited to get todays lesson - I have been a fan of Donna Downey's work for a while now and managed to do some of her classes at Creative Adventure Downunder a couple of years ago.  It was a message from Donna that got me started on this course at the beginning of this year actually.

The lesson was all about finding your inner strength.  We started by writing on a blank page and then covered most of it up by building layers of paint.  Donna had a stamp for the figure but I sketched mine.  The background was painted using my fingers.  While Donna used fabric covered with joint compound, I wanted this to go in my Life Book and opted for staying with water colour paper.  I also added some stamping and texture paste which was a little different from Donna's. 

The text reads "it is in herself she will find the strength she needs".



No comments:

Post a Comment