Monday 10 June 2013

Scrapfest by the Sea ... mini album

I'm loving being part of the Scrapfest family - what a great group of ladies.  The other day we had a wordfind challenge - hilarious.  There were supposed to be 12 words related to scrapbooking but people kept finding more and more words, some very loosely attributed to the craft such as vino, and box (we're going to need big ones), bad (sounds like some are planning to be) and so on.  I found about 35 words all up - heaps of fun.

The next challenge was for everyone to use the same photo in whatever way they wanted to create a layout, card, mini album etc.  The photo that was chosen was of the venue and here is the front cover of the mini album I've created.






Two weeks ago I was fortunate to be able to attend some wonderful workshops at Creative Adventure Downunder (CAD) - the tutors being Heidi Swapp, Teresa Collins, Donna Downey and Maggie Armstrong.  What a talented group and I learnt heaps from these awesome ladies and over the next little while I will slowly post some of the projects I made.  But for now ... the first workshop I did with Heidi involved making a mini album to go in a shadow box. 

I've used the same principles to create my Scrapfest album.  I've used cardstock to create the cover and pages for my album.  On the front I have stamped, punched, cut, glued and taped bits and pieces from Prima's Engraver and Almanac Collections and the Tim Holtz French Industrial Collection.  The bunting uses little tickets from the Almanac Collection, some bakers twine and little Christmas lights from my stash.  The piano keyboards are cut from the same collection and attached using pop dots to add dimension.  The pocket watch, from the Engraver collection, has been jazzed up using dimensional magic - just over the watch face.  I used a piece of clear packaging to stamp on a postmark from the Kaisercraft Pack Your Bags collection and adhered that under the keyboard on the left and then added three little roses from my stash to complete the cover. 

The finished album is going to evolve between now and Scrapfest and will be interactive with lots of things to open, pull out, lift up and so on.  There will be space for people to sign and write messages plus I hope to add lots of photos afterwards.

Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment