Tuesday 12 February 2013

Self Worth

Another challenging entry into my art journal.

I found this quote by the Buddha about self worth.  It reads "You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere.  You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection".  How hard is it to love yourself?  How hard is it to value yourself as a person, unique, one-of-a-kind, valuable human being?  Me, being a perfectionist, find this a challenge on a daily basis.  Journalling in this format is also a challenge for me.  My art is not perfect, it is what it is ... an expression of myself.

I started with drawing the patchwork pattern with PVA glue.  After letting it dry I filled each area with a wash of Quinacridone Magenta, Green Gold, Phthalo Turquoise, Diarylide Yellow and Anthraquinone Blue.  Once dry I took similar toned oil pastels and did a little shading and then covered the page with an iridescent medium.  Bubblewrap covered with Payne's Grey acrylic paint was then randomly applied and then indian ink painted over the now dry PVA glue.  After applying the text, the circle was created using Payne's Grey applied to a milk bottle top and stamped onto the page and Kindy Glitz applied to emphasise, before finishing with a layer of Mod Podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment